CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 Weeks In

June 1st, 2010 I decided to make a change and to be serious about this change.

I want results and the only way to get results is to be driven!!

People who are reading this, who don't know me personally, are probably wondering, "What the heck is this lady rambling on about?" Well, if you read some of the blog's past posts like Big B.S. Flag then you'd know weight seems to be a concern of mine.

Growing up, I was always athletic and fit. I played baseball/ softball, basketball, football amongst other sports and activities.

When I moved to Texas in early 2002, I weighed 138 lbs. And I wore a size 0-2.


HUGE difference in what my measurements are today, to speak. I now weigh about 175lbs and wear a 10-12... I am 5'2''  and a HALF!! 

Pictures taken 2 weeks in : 6-14-2010

Now, some people may think that's fine and not a big deal... well when I went to my doctor a couple of weeks ago I was {enlightened} that I was obese. Yes, people, OBESE. Don't believe me... check out the BMI Calculator.

When I think of someone "obese" I don't think of my size. I think of someone larger than a size 22. Someone who's all jiggles and eats junk food all day.

Don't get me wrong... I jiggle too!! (and like my share of junk) LOL But I have a lot of muscle in my thighs and other areas as well. I know I am overweight... but I wasn't ready to here the other "O" word.

Just around that time, my girlfriend, LeeAnn, started talking about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. She was stoked that she lost 2 inches from her waist in 2 weeks. Now, LeeAnn has a cute little body, she got 30 Day Shred to tone up not to really lose weight. And well... I am not sure if she lost any weight or not, I need to ask her but she is so happy with her results she's moved on to another Jillian Michaels' DVD.

After talking to LeeAnn...and hearing about her results I decided to get the 30 Day Shred as well. I decided I needed to do this for me!! And that I could definitely find 20 minutes out of the day to work out. Even as a mother of 3. 

{I have had 3 babies in the last 3 years. A set of twins in 2007, and a singleton in 2009... you can read about them on The Journey of Three Stones

Along with "Shredding" I am trying to focus on eating better and drinking more water. I have started eating high protein breakfasts, eating Weight Watchers Smart Ones during the day, and having a sensible dinner at night (lean protein, veggies and very minimal carbs). I am trying to follow the FAMOUS Weight Watchers Point System... but have not joined.

I know the points I need to be within are 23-24 and with great websites like Dottie's Weight Loss Zone I can calculate WW points for things I normally eat, INCLUDING Chik-Fil-A!! :) Who knew getting a wheat bun would cut so many points?!? I didn't!!

I am hoping within the next 6 months to get my BMI down to normal... and to be in a size 4. Weight has never really mattered to me... it's the size that does!!

I know I can do this!! Follow me on this journey.

Start your own journey. I know you can do it too.

Have suggestions... share them please. I would love to hear from others.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Hunny Im so very proud of you!! it takes a lot of courage to make a big change like that. I know cause Im doing it and it scares the crap out of me everyday.

But just remember you are now, and will always be a sexy little mamma.

*hugggles*